Password Recovery Engine for Excel (XLPRE) is a software product that recovers passwords to open for MS Excel (*.XLS) files. Only a few clicks of the mouse are required to begin the recovery process. Download the demo-version of XLPRE and discover how convenient the program is.
Download Excel Password Recovery Buy Excel Password Recovery Engine
Excel password recovery
Click on picture for full-size.
Click here for more screenshots.
* Recovering a password to open for Microsoft® Excel (*.XLS) files;
* Instantly recovering a password to modify for Microsoft® Excel (*.XLS) files;
* Support of MS Excel 2003, 2002, 2000, 97 files;
* Fast Excel passwords recovery search speed;
* Dictionary attack;
* Brute force attack (linear search among all possible passwords);
The program offers advanced settings for experienced users:
Brute force attack options
* Selecting predefined sets of characters of which the password may consist (Digits, Latin lower, Latin upper, Special characters);
* Setting Custom Characters (here you can specify any characters that aren’t included into the predefined sets of characters);
* Setting Password wildcard masks;
* Specifying the minimum and maximum password length;
Dictionary attack options
* Selecting a custom dictionary for using in the passwords search;
* Settings word modifications for the dictionary words (Lower case, Upper case, First Upper Case etc.);
The encryption used in Excel passwords is rather strong, so it can take some time to guess the password. If your password is more than 7 characters long, you should use the XLPRE settings to customize the password recover process. Basing on the information you remember about the password you can narrow the password recover process, making the password recover speed faster. The program documentation contains information about using the program settings to make the search faster.